Re: [OM] 21mm f2.0 Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] 21mm f2.0 Quality
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:15:36 -0700
------ Forwarded Message Follows -------
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx

Hi KDunn:

> Well B.S. on both counts.

I'm not sure that I would characterize the testimonials posted here to be
"B.S."  Folks are providing their opinions as they see them.  It does take
side by side comparisons under controlled conditions to render objective
opinions, though.  Not everyone has the range of equipment and available time
or desire to do so.

In comparing a f/2.0 to a f/3.5, one must certainly ask themselves if the
cost/performance ratio justifies the added expense of the 2.0  I suspect it
won't for many.  But with premium glass, there is the psychological value of
knowing that you are taking your shot with a lens that few, if any other
photographers using 35mm equipment, could better.  Assuming all the elements
of a good picture are there, it produces a proud achievement.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV
Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx