Re: [OM] Olympus and OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus and OM
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 22:37:08 EDT

<< So has anyone on the list bought a new lens (other than macro) within say
the
 last 10 years?  I certainly haven't, it's been 15 years since my last "new
from
 Oly lens".  And I'd never recommend an OM-2000 over an OM-1n, and I tell
 everyone who's remotely interested in an assortment of lenses about KEH.  So
how
 can Olympus make a few yen for it's owners from the OM line?

Well, I just bought a brand new in thebox OM2000.  It is not an OM1, which I
also own.
What I really like about it is the spot metering and the ability to take
double exposures very easily.  The VERTICAL metal shutter and the 125th flash
sync are bonuses, too.  I would prefer a meter readout like the OMPC or OM4T
or even a match needle system like my Ricoh.  The over/under led's remind me
of my 1st yashica slr.  All in all,  a very nice addition to my system.
What really blows me away here is the idea that a camera system has to be sold
everywhere to be successful.  As long as you can find the accessories and
lenses you need, what's the problem.  And if you can't find OLYMPUS stuff,
you're not looking!!!
Think of the complaint:  Has anyone bought a NEW lens in the past 15 years or
so.  Wow, don't you wish your car or your toaster lasted that long.
You must remember that the #1 person at Olympus is a photographer.
Not a businessman.  Not an entrupoenuier (however ya spell it!)
He's a photographer.
And the Olympus line reflects his interests.
Cameras made for photographers by photographers.
What a concept.
Ed