[OM] Misc ramblings

Subject: [OM] Misc ramblings
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 22:42:05 -0800
Now for some late night, darkroom fumes induced ramblings... ;-)

Just printed a few 8x10 comparison shots between my new Tamron 28/2.8 MC and
Zuiko 35/2.8 SC. Here's the first impressions:

Sharpness seems pretty close at f/8, with the Zuiko having a slight edge in
overall contrast.
At f/16, the Zuiko still leads in contrast, and is clearly sharper near the
middle, although both are about the same near the edges.
This is far from an exact comparison, but so far the Tamron appears to hold up
quite well.

I had some discouraging results with closeups taken with my 85/2 and 25mm tube
- it was late so I only did one shot, but the sharpness was awful. It may have
been camera shake (about 1-2 sec at f/16), so I will check some other shots of
the same subject. I was surprised, because some colour 4x6 prints appeared very
sharp with this combo.