Re: [OM] Macro Flash Comparison Up

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Flash Comparison Up
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 22:20:50 -0700

 Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx> replied:

>I wonder if you're not confusing it with the T10, which didn't work at all.
>The reflectors on the T8 curved the light back to the subject; the T10 was
>not able to reach the subject. The few I tried gave me a negative flash
>confirmation and were drastically underexposed...

Always wondering if I interpreted picture instructions correctly, I went
back and double checked.  Along with the usual "do not get wet" and "do not
expose to temperature extremes" pictograms, there were a few I just did not
quite understand.  Since a picture is worth lots of typing, I scanned a
portion of the 20mm/38mm instruction sheet to illustrate and placed it on my
webpage at http://www.webgenuity.com/macropg.jpg     The image marked "A"
shows mounting the 20mm or 38mm directly to the OM body, with a large "X".
Clearly, from Denton's outstanding results, this is doable.  Directly below
that pictogram, marked "B", is an OM with an extension tube, the 20mm -
specified in text beside its picture - and the T8 Ring Flash 2, with an "X"
directly over the 20mm.  Pretty clear the intent there.  The other one that
got me, marked "C",  is an OM with extension tube and 20mm, with T-10 raing
flash 1 and ring cross POL, and an "X" thru the filter.  Hmmmmm.

The funny pictogram, marked "D" shows a lens falling into water, with an
image of an angel with hands together floating on a cloud as the background.
I guess that is to convey its all over but the prayers, eh?  Every picture
tells a story - don't it?

John P