Re: [OM] 35-135 can of worms...

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-135 can of worms...
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 23:54:54 -0700

GARYINLA@xxxxxxx wrote:

> <<
>  Why not?  I've had mine for almost 20 years.  It felt Oly then, and does now.
>  Never seen another brand of 65-200.
>   >>

> The fstop ring looks different than my other OM lenses.  Also the FStop ring
> is at the back of the lens, whereas on some telephotos it is up front (like
> 200mmf4 and 100mm f2.8.)

Ring looks same to me, white f-stops, green focal length, rest ribbed..  Also, I
have 2 other Zuiko zooms and the ring is by the mount, as it is on the 65-200.

> Also it is one touch, whereas other OM zooms are 2
> touch (at least the 75-150.)

My 28-48 is 2 touch, but the 100-200 is one touch.

> Also the pattern on the focusing ring rubber
> loooks different than my other OM lenses, and seems like a different material.

Looks same to me.

> Also the lens mount metal seems slightly different,

You can tell what the metal is?

> and the red dot is
> slightly different than my other OM lenses.

Same as the zooms, different from fixed lenses which have an extension of the
red
dot which marks the distance of focus.

>  Also it does not have a chrome
> ring up front like some of my other OM lenses.

Chrome ring I believe is on old Zuikos only.  Maybe that's the main difference.
65-200 came out later than the original OM system (1980?) so maybe it is a bit
different from most of your lenses if they're 'old'.