Re: [OM] The Olympus Way

Subject: Re: [OM] The Olympus Way
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:47:48 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 06:14:56 EDT you write:
>Well I just received "The Olympus Way...." - what a great Oly book! The author
>really gets into it in detail. My wish is for him to do the same with OM4()
>and OM3() and later products.
>I got it at Pawprint books who said they had only 3 copies and all 3 sold the
>same day. (I paid $150 which is more than I have ever paid for a non-textbook
>text; but, I think this book is worth it) - I will probably will it to the
>local library on my death.....

And unfortunately, they will probably immediately put it in their "old
book/obsolete book sale" and it will be sold for $5 or less.  This book
is NOT worth $150.  Pawprint marks all their books up way too much.
They also want outrageous prices for copies of Shipman.  I've read "OM
Way".  It is a great book, but since it was last revised in 1979, it
doesn't cover any of the newer OM system.  A newer copy of Shipman would
be better in this regard.

Cheers,
--Lee