Re: [OM] Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikos
From: srp <cyberoptix@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 07:58:45 -0700
>>How do you decide what to actually put in your camera bag?
[snip]
>IMHO the 50mm is the single most essential prime lens. It can do a little
>of everything. Not very jazzy, I know.  Make it a macro if it makes you
>feel better.
>
>Thanks. Fun.
>
>Joel

I always enjoy the 'building a bagfull' threads, too.
I'm heading out on a 28 day cross country (USA) trip and am firming up the
choices.
mindset: least baggage/most coverage (macro to landscape); hate to
constantly change lenses.
so, all fitting nicely in the very compact Tamrac 602:
?OM-2n + Zuiko 50/3.5 macro (agree with Joel's nod to the venerable 50mm)
*turn away Z-purists*
?Tokina 35-70
?Tokina 80-200 (both light, compact, fine performers)
?XA2 (ultra compact p&s; good 35mm lens)
Behind the driver's seat I stash a cullman tripod.
aside (plea for help):
If I could ever become skillful with the OM4's spot metering, it may well
become essential. Anyone willing to share their tips on mastering this
seductive but elusive beast, please feel free to mail off list...
happy packing all!
steve