Re: [OM] OM4 Memorisation of exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 Memorisation of exposure
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:44:55 +0200
Pauls0627@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 9/18/98 12:09:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> alain.duquet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << Do you know if the led indicating the exposure time is suppose to stop
>  and indicate the measure in the memory at the moment you push
>  the memory button on the OM-4 in auto mode,
>  or if it must continu to move with the condition of lighting? >>
>
> The "bar graph" should always indicate the actual exposure, so when you push
> the memory lever the bar graph should become fixed. I believe the only thing
> that would cause the bar graph to move at that point would be changing the
> exposure compensation dial (or clearing the memory, of course). When you use
> the memory feature, don't forget that you are *not* doing OTF metering
> anymore.

With activating the memory function no exposure value is stored, the EV
is stored in the moment of the shoot, when the shutter closes again.
So you are able to memorize not only spot meterings (otherwise the
metring will be stored until you take the photo or the meter is switched
off) but autodynamic meterings too.
The memory reset button on the flange has a bug, when metering is off
and the camera in standby mode, it doesn´t recognize a lens change. On
the plain OM-4 it will also ignore the memory-clear lever, the OM-4Ti
wakes up and flushes the memory. Haven´t I sad, that I think this memory
reset button on the flange is pretty useless.

Richard