[OM] Om Bargains

Subject: [OM] Om Bargains
From: jdesbiens@xxxxxxxxx (John Desbiens)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 23:17:17 -0400 (EDT)
First off a hardy hello to all on this great group. I've been an Oly nut
for approx 20 years and have been reading the digest for about 2 months.
I wanted to share with you a couple of items I aquired in the last
month. I was cruising the local Saturday yard sale scene recently when I
see on this ladies table an OM body box. I almost fainted (and I hadn't
even opened the box yet). Anyway its priced at $75. I open the box and
on top of the styrofoam is a new owners manual and all the warranty
cards. I pull out the foam and it contains an absolutely brand new BLACK
body OM1n. Not 1 mark on it. Trying to keep my cool I offer her $65 (one
always has to dicker a little at a yard sale and besides the shoe4 was
missing :-). She says fine. I ran home and everything checked out
perfect, even the foam seals are still fresh. My OM4 looks like junk
next to it. On to the next deal. I stopped in to my local camera shop
last week to see if any recent used OM stuff had arrived. Nothing new
but the owner says to me "I got one new item I found out back you might
be interested in". He pulls out a BNIB Oly 2XA teleconverter which he
had bought for stock 10 years ago. The box is priced $399. He says gimme
a hundred bucks and its yours. He did not have to repeat himself on that
one. Now a question for the group. The 2XA is marked for use with
certain lenses but I heard somewhere that it can be used with other
Zuiko's. Any comment or input would be appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
John Desbiens
Hillsboro, N.H.
"Land of dark skies in dire need of a cloud filter"