Re: [OM] Broken meter switch on OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Broken meter switch on OM-1
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Sep 1998 11:16:21 +1000
Pauls0627@xxxxxxx moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> Seeing that the OM-1 uses a CDS cell meter, you can probably just keep it on,

I'm quite meticulous about capping, so this is what I'll do.   The
brass shaft of the knob has a slot that will take a screwdriver, so I
can at least turn it on "in the lab".

Come to think of it, this is exactly what I *have* to do for my
Canonet, which *has* no off-switch.

> This is probably just a temporary solution, though.

True.

> Would the lever from a recent camera (OM-4Ti) work? They certainly look almost
> the same.

A post from the archives mentioned converting an OM-2 switch (ISTR it
was John H. who said that).

I HAVE seen "parts body" OM-1s advertised for sale in Brissy, so I'll
be on the lookout to buy now.  I'd have no trouble finding a 1,2 or
[1-4]0 if I could just afford to buy a new body, but....

> Good luck finding that parts camera!

Thank you.

BTW, all.  I'll be on leave for the next two weeks.  My wife and I are
moving to our new (first) Mortgage^WHouse next weekend, so I'll be way
busy.  (Now you know why I can't afford a new camera :-)

Regards,
        Chris.

--
It's boring being a program when your only job is inserting a random .sig.
Muggins thinks I've put his .sig here, won't he be surprised...