Re: [OM] Broken meter switch on OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Broken meter switch on OM-1
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:49:12 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/98 7:38:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I don't think using a jewellers screwdriver to turn on my camera will
 be a fun experience in the field... :-)

Seeing that the OM-1 uses a CDS cell meter, you can probably just keep it on,
asl long as you're judicious about capping the lens or body when you're not
using it. There should be little or no battery drain in the dark on these
cameras. I used to leave my on all the time, and the batteries still lasted a
very, very long time (year or more).

This is probably just a temporary solution, though.

Would the lever from a recent camera (OM-4Ti) work? They certainly look almost
the same.

Good luck finding that parts camera!

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI