Re: [OM] Camera World prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera World prices
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:09:55 -0700
On 16 Sep 98, at 23:21, EdMall@xxxxxxx wrote:

> This is one of the last true camera stores in Florida.  35mm SLR's, medium
> format, even large format, plus scanners, P&S, and Digital cameras.  A large
> store, it also carries all sorts of models and remote control items,
> telescopes, and train supplies you wouldn't believe (O, HO, N, and several
> other sizes).  Also has a one hour lab.
> And darkroom supplies.  ETc.EtC.eTC.ETC.

Sounds like the old Hilton's photo which closed a few years ago
after the owner passed away. Their closing out sale was fantastic,
too bad I didn't know enough to scoop some deals at the time
(16mm/3.5 for $275, 35-70/3.6 $250...). I now realize just how good
this store was, and have yet to come across anything close, even
in the big cities. (they were in Chemainus, BC). I remember
spending whole afternoons at this store when I was a kid, as my
Dad talked with them about cameras and tried things out. Sadly,
this type of store is a dying breed...

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright