Re: [OM] Camera World prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera World prices
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 23:21:47 EDT

<< >re: OM-2000 price dropping  to $229-- it is $200 at Camera World of
Oregon's
 >store, and probably less from their mail-order dept  >>

$229.99 plus 60lus a roll of AGFA ULTRA 50 came to just about $250.
How much is shipping?  And what if the camera doesn't work right?  Or comes in
a crushed box?
I got to play with the camera beforehand.  I got a brand new, never seen since
the factory, USA warranty camera.  With strap and batteries.
If you bought the $200 camera by mail from a firm that did not have an 800
number; and you used your charge card; and if you didn't pay that charge card
in full...I bet you paid more than I did!  Anyway, the difference here is less
than the tip you'd be expected to leave at a restaurant for a bill this size.
And...the salesmen are knowledgeable about photography (but not necessarily
about Olympus which is great when I'm telling them stuff they should know).
Point, when I was in the store a few months ago, and talking about Olympus,
the camera the salesmanager showed me to make me jealous was a Leica.  Nice
competition, no?
This same store took someone's Oly system in on trade.  An OM3 and OM4 were
both reasonably priced.  As was the 35-105 for under $150.
This is one of the last true camera stores in Florida.  35mm SLR's, medium
format, even large format, plus scanners, P&S, and Digital cameras.  A large
store, it also carries all sorts of models and remote control items,
telescopes, and train supplies you wouldn't believe (O, HO, N, and several
other sizes).  Also has a one hour lab.
And darkroom supplies.  ETc.EtC.eTC.ETC.
Ed