Re: [OM] Re: OM-4+Nikon SB 25?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM-4+Nikon SB 25?
From: "David J. Russell" <djr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 19:02:01 -0700
>Don't let a small wedding with no parents in attendance of a mature couple
>trying again lull you into a false sense of security.  The wedding trade is
>full of traps and pitfalls.  Step carefully.

There is no danger of any false feeling of security here, at least on my
part. A small number of guests is a help, though, and the absence of parents
should reduce the tension level also. Furthermore, they asked me to do the
photography after seeing some of my other photographs.

>Now, why, oh why, would you want to attach a Nikon SB 25 flash to an
>otherwise perfectly good OM-4?  I'd think a T-32 or two would be a bit more
>appropriate.  Or does the SB-25 work in OTF mode on the OM-4?  I'd find
that
>kinda surprising.

I have an SB-25 which I use quite often with another camera system. I do not
have a T-32, sorry to say. Besides, the SB-25 is an excellent flash with a
guide number of 138 vs. the T-32's 104; it has a zoom lens with a range of
24 mm to 85mm. Unfortunately, these pluses won't matter if I can't get it to
work in OTF mode.