Re: [OM] Olympus OM Way

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM Way
From: Donald Reichle <dwreich@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 16:38:41 -0400
David Brown wrote:

> Having just had my telephone line out of operation for about 30 hours I
> have come back to a set of 171 e-mails, most of which are from the OLY
> list!
>
> However, I remember a few weeks ago someone listing a response (from
> Amazon.com?) to a search for the famous and presumably rare Olympus OM Way
> - I seem to remember a figure of $3-400.

Here's what happens when Amazon and others do a search for you.

They search on the WEB just as you can and then add an substantial fee
for doing the work for you.

The book in question "Olympus OM Way" has been for sale by PAWPRINT
books for $150.

There are at least 3 WEB search services that had it listed all from the
same book seller.  The description is exactly the same as quoted by the
UK book seller.

http://www.interloc.com/
http://abebooks.com/
http://www.bibliofind.com/

These outfits quite often have other Olympus related books (also a
multitude relating to Mount Olympus) and there may be more.

They do provide a convenient way to find a book that is out of print.

Here is the description from ABEBOOKS

    1. Mannheim, L.A. The Olympus OM Way. London / New York: Focal Press
/ Focal Hastings House. 1979 (First edition). Gilt spine titled
cloth. Near fine in near fine dustjacket with a bit of wear to the
extremities. The best book on Olympus cameras. Scarce.1979. Cloth with
dustjacket. Book# 4467 US$ 150.00. Please contact Pawprint Books for
more information about purchasing this book.

This book has been listed for quite some time but It is no longer
available as I finally succumbed to temptation and ordered it.

        Don Reichle