Re: [OM] Re: Human vision (no OM content)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Human vision (no OM content)
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:37:52 EDT
jans@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< >From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
 >Very interesting post.  My interest is photographing the thinks I 'cannot'
see
 >well.  Close-ups / Macro (Love to photograph the small details of small
living
 >things)  and wildlife (Blood vessels on a deer's antlers in velvet or water
 >dripping from a ducks bill) with Tele's.
 >Any thoughts?

 I'd think that such things are not immediately recognizable, and are
 disconcerting at first, as the viewer struggles to fit them into some frame
 of reference -- some familar angle of view. That adds greatly to the
 interest -- the longer you can engage the viewer, the more successful you
 are, whether it be within the three circles I mentioned, or totally beyond,
 such as a macro or astro shot, to cite two extremes. >> jan.

Hi Jan,
I think I did not make myself clear.  I should have said, Photograph subjects
and be able to "see" the little fine details in the photo that are not readily
visible with the naked eye.  i.e. The fine hairs or designs in the wings of
things like insects, or take a portrait of a deer in velvet and in the photo
be able to "see" the blood vessels protruding under the velvet.
BW