Re: Human vision (no OM content) (was Re: [OM] 100 f2.8 vs 85 f2)

Subject: Re: Human vision (no OM content) (was Re: [OM] 100 f2.8 vs 85 f2)
From: Oleg Volk <olegv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:29:55 +0000 ( )
}> Does lens vision and human vision haft to match?
}
}   They can't. Another bit for this discussion... I remember reading
}(in Camera 35) Ernst Haas saying that he had chosen Leica because,
}"like the human eye, they're not too sharp". Go figure...

Seems to me that human eye is alarge-aperture wide-angle with very small
usable coverage. In essence, it is a "software" zoom in which the brain
only uses the center consciously, but still takes in a much wider view.

I just wish we could point eyes independently, like chamelions...

--
Oleg Volk

Updates for both sites are in the works...