[OM] Who "should" own an OM camera?

Subject: [OM] Who "should" own an OM camera?
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 06:39:55 -0700
Someone recently asked which OM camera and lens he should buy on a
budget of $250. This got me to thinking as to why anyone with only $250
would want to own an OM camera.

When the OM system was introduced, it was pretty much a mid- to high-end
system. The lenses were hardly inexpensive (I think Minolta, Pentax, and
Canon lenses cost less).

If someone intends to gradually assemble an OM system comprising one of
the better bodies (-3 or -4) and mostly Zuiko lenses, I could very well
seem him starting out with a "budget" system. But if this $250 purchase
is essentially the _only_ Olympus OM purchase this buyer will make (he
didn't say _what_ his intent was), then I wonder why anyone would choose
an OM camera. The IS-20 would be a much better choice.

Comments, anyone?