[OM] Binocs--No Oly Content

Subject: [OM] Binocs--No Oly Content
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 12:00:28 -0700
>>>A few years ago, I went shopping for compact binoculars. The difference in
>brightness between binocs with identical specs is AMAZING!...
>...after trying out five or six pair over the course
>of several hours, I'm the proud owner of Zeiss 10x25 binocs -- the only
>ones in which I could read a sign INSIDE a neighboring parking garage.>>
>
>Did you also compare the Zeiss to Leica? I'm in the market for a pair and
>was wondering...

Yes, but as I recall (from several years ago), it wasn't apples-to-apples.
I don't think the store had 10x Leicas to look at, only 8x. They were very
close, but of course a competant 8x would be brighter than the 10x Zeiss
ones. The Leicas (as I recall from a couple years ago) were not available
in that

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229