Re: [OM] Exposure data notes

Subject: Re: [OM] Exposure data notes
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 20:42:47 -0700
On 4 Sep 98, at 9:26, *- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

> > > I would like to know
> > >  how other listmembers approach this problem, maybe the
> > >  perfect solution has allready been invented (hope so).
>
>       Even though I think is a good idea to keep exposure notes, I
> haven't done it for years. Whenever possible, I bracket, and most of the
> time, the brackets are done the same, and comparing the string of brackets
> provides a wealth of info.
>
>                             *= Doris Fang =*

This is similar to my thinking, as I rarely have time to take notes.
But I've often wondered whether my bracketing is sufficient (or even
necessary with print film). Typically, I bracket either +/- 2/3 or 1
stop with b/w print film, but often find the middle shot is the best
overall exposure, with the others sometimes providing creative
options when printing (better highlight or shadow definition). With
my recent roll of slide film, the first in about 5 years, I found
bracketing even +/- 1/3 stop showed an amazing difference in
some shots.
With colour print film, I rarely bracket, and usually shoot between
rated ISO and 1 stop over. Are there other recommendations for
bracketing, or is what I've described adequate?

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright
(Olympus List Archives)