Re: [OM] Back in Country.. and Battery problem!

Subject: Re: [OM] Back in Country.. and Battery problem!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 19:31:51 -0700
>Hi, Gang,
>-snip
>Unfortunately my new OM4T decided it didn't like to travel. ... Once
>in a while I could hear a beep coming from the camera body when I wasn't
>even using it!!
-snip
>       It's good to be home.  Now, if I can only remember where I put my
>car keys..
>
>       Kerry

Welcome back, Kerry. You were missed.

My OM4T has been known to beep at odd times when not in use too. However it
is not associated with any malfunctioning. Never quite figured it out. It
has NEVER been in conditions like you describe.

I once tried to photograph an old Maya ritual site in a partially wet
limestone cave in Yucatan, that I had to enter on my hands and knees. It
felt like 1000midity and about 95 degrees inside. Using another camera
and a Vivitar flash caused massive arcing between the camera and the flash.
Somehow the electricity did not get me.  It worked fine outside. I chalked
it up to the Maya ancestors or the jaguar god.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx