Re: [OM] Exposure data notes

Subject: Re: [OM] Exposure data notes
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 14:04:34 +0200
Wijsmuller.VanderBel@xxxxxx wrote:
> [...] I would like to know
> how other listmembers approach this problem [...]

Hi Frank,
for me, pencil and paper still are the easiest and most versatile way of taking
notes. For this purpose I've prefabricated index cards (filing cards) of
postcard format and printed a table on them with the frame-numbers from 0 to 37
already filled in. The other columns are for lens (focal length), f-stop,
exp.-time, exp.-correction and 'general remarks', the most important column. If
shooting gets too quick (winders!), I may omit a few frames and start again with
the number on the framecounter. The cards are small enough to fit into a shirt
pocket when folded once, so I have no excuse for not taking them with me.
As there is always one card for every film, this makes filing them away very
easy (together with the negatives, if it was b/w). For slides I transfer the
info onto the frame of the few 'keepers'.
I found it very useful to take notes and to evaluate the resulting pictures
critically together with them. Teaches a lot.
Hope this helps
Soenke, Hamburg