Re: [OM] Olympus Speed-Magny?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Speed-Magny?
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 21:26:21 -0700
Once upon a time I too thought I wanted a Speedmagny.  Interesting
attachment.  The trouble is the increased light coverage area meant a four
(yes, 4) stop exposure difference.  ASA 100 film became ASA 6......too much
for my good humor.  Today, digital methods provide all the "instant" I could
want, IMHO better color rendition, and no huge speed loss.  Note, cost is
not a factor in either case.  The Speedmagny was an expensive attachment if
memory serves - in the 500-600 range. Mid-range digitals are about the same.

I certainly have nothing against them, if you can find one, go for it.  But
as for me and my checkbook, we're holding out for an OM-5 <g>.

John P
My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
everything you know.