Re: [OM] Re: Olympus at Photokina (translation wanted)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Olympus at Photokina (translation wanted)
From: Marko Vrabec <marko.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 20:21:25 +0200
George wrote:

>> Analyses of the European market confirm the continuous growth of
>> sales of digital products, but also an increase in sales of
>> classical cameras. Due to this tendency, new classical products
>>                                               ^^^^^^^
>> will arrive and be officially presented at the Photokina
>> Exhibition. <??don't get it??> newest model of the successful
>> line of compact Mju cameras and three new APS cameras. The
>> outside look of all those products confirms the high
>> quality, ergonomycal solutions and the unique Olympus design.
>
>Am I seeing things, or does this message appear to TEASE those of us
>who are waiting for a new OM body to appear as if by magic?
>By classical, does anyone think they mean OM? Or should I take
>a chill pill?

Well, I could not sort that part out, although I would like to see the
frase "Among the other, ..." there. However, on their front page the
sidebar says regarding news from Photokina: "On our pages you will find
detailed information about ALL to-be-introduced models." Also, by
"classical", they definitely mean "non-digital".

But hear this, if I am not mistaken, on rechecking the front page
<http://www.olympus.cz> today I discovered the link to Photokina news
<http://www.olympus.cz/news/photokina.htm> was removed from the text!
The Photokina page is also not listed in the Site Map, but is
nevertheless still accessible via the direct URL (see above). Does it
mean the Big Brother is watching us?

Best regards,

Marko Vrabec
Slovenia