Re: [OM] Re:Where to use Databack 4?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:Where to use Databack 4?
From: Andre Goforth <goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:57:48 -0700
I use it when I want to date a roll of film. You can turn the stamp off and
on . Also you can set it up to print a code instead of a date. So when you
are experimenting with exposure or some other factor you can create your
own codes. The only caution is that it puts the stamp well into the picture
frame. On occasion I have found a nice photo "messed up" with the date/time
stamp. I would prefer if it was at the very edge or not in the negative at
all. I believe there are other manufacturers that do this.

Note, I don't believe  you can use the smooth film plate that is handy with
infrared photography with the Databack 4.  All in all it is a
"professional" piece of gear.

Andre

San Carlos, CA