Re: [OM] Lens problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens problems
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:16:43 EDT
Hello Claudeb:

> Any tips on where to go for
>  > repairs from my fellow olympo-philes?

Besides John Hermanson, Olympus America repair facilities will clean the
elements, although there is a time limit to what they will handle once an item
goes out of production.  U.S. law dictates 7 years.  You will also find their
prices to be quite high.  But the work gets done quick.  And you can opt for
parts replacements (like filter rings) IF the parts are available.  I just had
one done over the counter in 48 hours (at Rolling Meadows, IL).

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV