Re: [OM] Zuiko 8mm fisheye & 24mm shift (eBay)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 8mm fisheye & 24mm shift (eBay)
From: John P Johnston <recruit1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:01:30 -0400
Gary Schloss wrote:

> For those among us keeping track, it looks like the market for
> Zuiko premium glass is alive and well.
>
> I'm happy to report that both Zuiko 8mm fisheye & 24mm shift
> reached their reserve prices on eBay, and went to a Canadian
> fellow for US$1,100 +/- apiece.  I shudder at the thought of
> what these prices look like in CND$ :-) Maybe this will entice
> other owners of prestige-level Zuikos to put them on the block,
> huh?   Heck, I'm praying for market saturation :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> /Gary Schloss.
> Studio City, CA
> schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That Canadian must have won the lottery or could have taken a second
mortgage on their home.

The exchange rate from $Cdn to $US is not for the faint hearted.  I went
on holiday to Hawaii in August, a good exercise for my OM2 by the way,
and the exchange at the bank was 48 cents.  1480$Cdn will net you
1000$US.

Did I take pictures...yes.  Did I buy alot of things...no.

One intersting item, there is a wine store at the Aloha Tower in
Honolulu that sells Canadian ice wine made in the Niagara penisula where
I live.  At the wine store here it sells for 50$Cdn.  At the Aloha Tower
store it was 180-200$US.  Ouch.  Next time I think I will bring a case
and pay for my trip.  ( This is like blue jeans to Russia).

Although I would have liked to have added these lenses to my case...the
exchange.....

John Johnston
recruit1@xxxxxxxxxxx