Re: [OM] B&H and reputability...

Subject: Re: [OM] B&H and reputability...
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 17:56:25 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 16:09:12 EDT you write:

>If looking to buy mailorder, KEH and others are better. If buying Oly in
>person in NYC, I suggest Camera Traders (a real gentleman) and Wall Street

I can second this opinion of Camera Traders Ltd.  I bought my 180/2.8
there (since stolen :( for $474, which at the time (and maybe even now)
was a great price.  I was afraid at that price that the glass would be a
little marked, but it was flawless, as were the mechanics.  Cosmeticaly
it didn't look "brand new", but it had no dings or scrathes.  Overall, I
think it was in better condition than he had rated it.  This is in
direct contrast from an outfit in Bryn Mawr, PA called Genesis Camera.
They have lots of interesting stuff listed at good prices, but when you
call, they invariably don't have the item listed in the ad (but have one
in better condition at a much higher price --- convenient, huh?).

Cheers,
--Lee