[OM] Flash question.

Subject: [OM] Flash question.
From: Daniel Nordling <dano@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 18:52:17 +0200
Dear list members,

I have an OM4 and have been toying with the idea to add a flash to my equipment
bag.

Recently i was offered a brand new Sunpak 433AF flash for 2/3 of the list
price, but it was labeled "for Olympus AF".  I do not know what Olympus AF
camera it was intended for, because there where no instructions in the box. The
hot-shoe connection had the same pin-out as my OM4 and  i was offered to try it
out, but
having no instuctions and no previous flash experience i declined.

Then i thought i might turn to you for some advice.

Can this flash be used with my OM4?

Can it be used as an TTL AUTO flash?

Have anyone any experience with this flash unit?

What exactly is an AF flash?

By the way i found the Sunpak web page (http://www.sunpak.com) but it contained
no usefull information.

Regards,

Daniel Nordling

PS. I have been lurking on this list on and off during the last two years, and
i am very impressed with the combined knowledge it presents.