Paxtons in Sydney (was Re: [OM] HC-B - OM equivalent to Leica M + 35/2?

Subject: Paxtons in Sydney (was Re: [OM] HC-B - OM equivalent to Leica M + 35/2?)
From: duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:08:29 +1000

] >That's for sure - in a place here in Sydney that stocks a fair amount of
] >Oly
] >used gear, generally mildly overpriced (Paxton's, I think), there's a
] >recently arrived 28/2 Zuiko for $899 AUD (about $540 USD); I would
describe
] >its condition as very good after a brief examination. It is of course
] >labelled in big letters "Professional Lens", immediately requiring a
200%
] >increase in price (yah right)
]
]
] Andy,
]
] Where is Paxtons?
]
] Thanks
]
] Foxy

Hmm,

  I wonder if you're talking about Fletcher's on Pitt street
(behind Woolies). It has _way_ overpriced stuff sometimes, but tends
to have quite a bit of Oly and 3rd-party OM cycling through.

  I must admit, the $1400 OM4 (non-T) gave me a good
chuckle last time I looked in their window.

     duncan

btw: I notice LPL (Artarmon) still have an OM4T
     (champagne?) advertised in the
     latest Photo Trader for $450 or so.
     Condition is 'fair', if I remember rightly.

--
  Duncan McRae
duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx