Re: Taxes (was Re: [OM] scanned res for 4C output?)

Subject: Re: Taxes (was Re: [OM] scanned res for 4C output?)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 20:05:45 +0800

> My understanding that any 30 bit scanner throws out the bits over 24 in the
> final image.
>
> Winsor
>
> Winsor Crosby
> Long Beach, California
> mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx

No, a lots of better scanner output 36 bits to the host computer, like UMAX
Power Look III, Microtek Scanmaker 5 and my Nikon LS2000.... not to mention the
high end drum scanners. But at this moment  Photoshop only provide levels and
contrast curve adjustment for 48 bit file, no other editing function are
allowed (while most other photo software simply cannot handle more then 24
bit).

C.H.Ling
Accura Digital Imaging
http://www.glink.net.hk/~accura