Re: [OM] OM Battery Contact Cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Battery Contact Cleaning
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 20:09:47 -0700
KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Does anyone have a recommendation as to the best way to clean the battery
> contacts of a T32 (or similar) if they start to corrode...

I use an ink eraser for cleaning all manner of battery contacts. A pencil
eraser will work somewhat, but an ink eraser has some mild abrasive
material in it.

Emery cloth works well also, but ink erasers, when on the end of an ink
pen, get into tighter places and you can apply more pressure.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229