Re: [OM] HCB - OM eqivalent to Leica M + 35/2?

Subject: Re: [OM] HCB - OM eqivalent to Leica M + 35/2?
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 17:57:35 +1000
This sort of photography may hold little charm if you are using a fully
auto, autofocus camera - but hey, this is the OM list!  Precisely this form
of photography (with an OM1) is the main reason for my passion.  Besides
which, I'm just as impressed with Sebastiao Salgado's work (my hero <sigh>)
that he took in the last decade; of course I'm _heartened_ by his use of the
M6 and 35mm lens...

IMHO (and it doesn't count for much), I still think a person's familiarity
and skill with his tools determines how effectively his vision is translated
into an image.  Sofar as a genre becoming passe is concerned, so many photos
have been taken of so many subjects, that it could be argued on this basis
only digital imaging holds any hope.  But of course the finest images will
always rise to the top, as you say.  I still hold out the hope that truly
impressive street-photography is possible with one prime and a small quiet
body, and might even be more difficult with a big, imposing, Canon EOS 1n
auto-everything, with the motor-drive whirring, trying to capture somewhere
(amongst all those unusable, average frames) a moment where the composition
elements come together in a meaningful, and beautiful, way.

Sorry if I've misinterpreted again!! ;-)

Cheers

Andy

P.S.  Any reason people seem to prefer the Zuiko 35/2.8 over the 35/2, or am
I imagining things?