Re: Being offended (minimal OM content, was Re: [OM] Batteries)

Subject: Re: Being offended (minimal OM content, was Re: [OM] Batteries)
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Aug 1998 08:23:49 +1000
P2CON@xxxxxxx moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> My input:
>  The newbie question is still valid, and still unanswered.  The Oly

Argh.  Mr Hermanson explains the answer on his http://zuiko.com/ site
(which I referenced).

> original mercury cells, and where to get them, and also now about the $10
> circuit modification that JH will do (but only with a $100 body overhaul).

Anybody with two clues to bang together would be able to do (or have
done) that mod.  If I was in USA, I'd send my camera to Camtech (in
thanks for the good advice John has offered regarding my sick OM).
Things being as they are, I'll probably source the diode myself and
get a local tech to install it for me.

John even gives away the part number, fer Goddess' sake.  How many
other businesses will tell you how they do their magic?

cjb

--
| Christopher J. Biggs -|- R & D Software Engineer,  Stallion Technologies |
| chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -|- VoiceNet. +61 7 3270-4266  Fax. +61 7 3270-4245 |