[OM] Wattle and Bees

Subject: [OM] Wattle and Bees
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 19:29:27 +1000
Just thought I'd let you know. The weather here is magnificant. 17°, bright
sunshine. Unbelievable for this time of year. The wattle has started
blooming. Normally this is in another 4 weeks time. The wattle is covered in
bees. We had a BBQ under the wattle tree, and even though we had beer, white
wine and cordial, the pollen was too great for the bees.

Sitting back watching them, from a distance of 2 feet. Awesome. They were
everywhere and didn't care - usually they get quite arcy.

Photos. The perfect situation for an OM-1n, 200mm f5 and a +3 diopter or
25mm tube, and a t28 with Velvia (the wattle is a magnificant yello).

What I had. OM-2SP (black and white in the OM-1n), Tamron 90mm f2.5 with Oly
2X-A (what does the "-A" stand for?), Sensia 400 asa and no flash. Oh well,
got to make do.

Exposure. Didn't even read the meter. Set to sunny f16 (afternoon sun, but
the sunlight was direct on the blossoms and bees), overexpose 1 stop when in
a bit of shadow.

Foxy