Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 18:06:50 +1000
<foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Or if you are in the same light, meter your own skin. I open up one stop
as
>>my hand is 1 stop brighter than 18 0rey.
>
>>Foxy
>
>Now I am a little confused by the "terminology".  If your hand is 1 stop
>"brighter" than 18 0rey, then shouldn't you "close" down one stop to
>compensate (i.e., get back to the 18 0rey measurement) instead of "open"
>up one stop?  It seems to me that if you measure against your hand which
>is 1 stop brighter AND you open up one stop from that measurement, you
>will be over exposing (by 2 stops).

The hand reflects 1 stop greater than 18 0rey (mine does anyway). But the
camera meter exposes everything to 18 0rey. To make the colour tone
correct, I must open up one stop. This lets in more light to make the hand
the correct exposure.

I use this a lot. When I'm not sure of an "average tonality", I meter my
hand and open 1 stop. I've had virtually no problems with this.

I know others will have already responsed to this, but hey.

Foxy