[OM] UK Camera Stores

Subject: [OM] UK Camera Stores
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 13:17:28 -0400
As you know, I am leaving for Scotland on Sunday evening.  I decided to take
about 30 rolls of assorted speeds of Fuji film.  I would rather use Velvia for
scenics on a tripod, but my circumstance as a member of a large (almost 100)
tour group might not give me the time and the freedom needed to do such
photography.

If there is any need for additional Fuji film or some other small accessories I
might need in emergencies,  which store should I go to?  I found a list of
camera stores in Scotland from a Sigma ad from Photographic Techniques.

G D Young, Jessops, and Lizars Ltd in Edinburgh,  Tom Dickson Cameras in Fort
William, and G D Young and Photo Factory in Inverness.

I may run out of certain speed of film by the time I get to Edinburgh depending
on the amount and the nature of photo opportunities.

If any U.K. members can give comments on the above stores as to their pricing as
well as the range of photo equipment they might have, I would appreciate them
very much.  Since  I am receiving the digest only which comes at least once a
day depending on the volume of posts, I would appreciate it very much if you
could send me a copy of your post to me.  I know that some of those stores are
chain stores, so even though no list members live in the three cities, they must
have some knowledge of the characteristics of these stores.

I am hoping that some UK members are subscribed on their own machines at home
since it is Friday at about 1:00 pm EDT.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
Home Page: http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/