[OM] New UPS COD policy

Subject: [OM] New UPS COD policy
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 19:52:46 -0400
If you are buying or selling Oly goodies UPS COD, please make note of the
following new policy:

The following was received by my company today from UPS. This means that no
major small package courier will now accept cash--only 'cash equivalents'.

>>>quote<<<

Dear UPS Shipper:

As of September 28, 1998, UPS will no longer accept cash (currency) from
C.O.D. package recipients. As a UPS Shipper, you may still request that UPS
only accept a money order, cashier's check, official bank check, or similar
instrument for the exact amount of the C.O.D. package.

Also by September 28, we will be providing customers shorter remittance
times for all C.O.D. funds. Payments will arrive up to three days earlier
than in the past. This enhancement is the result of a new consolidated
system for processing C.O.D. payments.

>>>endquote>>>

Regards,

Denton Taylor