Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 17:00:07 EDT

<< You are correct to point out that the Tokina rumour is not fact (and,
 btw, the Kyocera rumour seems to be nearly as plausible...) as
 this poster read into it. But rumour mongers??!? Naw, we're just
 here to catch the next episode of "As the Focus Ring Turns"... ;-)

Gee, rumour time?
Actually I have heard it whispered in high circles that this lens was designed
by Leica but was then rejected for being too sharp.  They were afraid it would
cut into the sales of their primes.
BTW, I have it on good authority that this is the lens Elvis decided to take
with him to Trafalgador.