Re: [OM] Maybe and other stories (was:NO) - Some OLY content

Subject: Re: [OM] Maybe and other stories (was:NO) - Some OLY content
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 12:05:46 -0800
On 24 Jul 98 at 11:57, Clive Warren wrote:

> Great to hear that the whole 50mm saga can now be read by those on the list
> who may have missed it the first time 'round.  Thanks again for all your
> hard work Shawn.

I forgot to mention the search currrently returns *only* 50 matches... I'll
have to fix this so those new to the list can truly appreciate the 50mm saga in
all its glory... ;-)

> One of my all time favourite photos was taken on a box brownie (actually a
> Kodak Duaflex with f11 aperture and 1/40 shutter speed) by Bert Hardy in
> June 1951 "Maidens-In-Waiting - two girls sitting on the promenade railings
> by the sea front at Blackpool.  The photo. has been nominated as one of the
> top 100 photos of the century by Amateur Photagrapher magazine here in the
> UK.
>
> I have bought one of these cameras and wonder whether it has single or
> multicoating?

My first camera was a Brownie Box from my Dad - not sure of the exact vintage,
but it was made of a melmac type material, and took, I think, 126 film.  I
still have an album of B/W shots taken on this camera when I was very young
(6-10 or so), some of which are not bad. Interestingly the brownie shots appear
sharper than many of those taken on the 110 camera which replaced it...

I'll have to dig through some boxes and find that old Brownie...