Re: [OM] All f2s (was top ten)

Subject: Re: [OM] All f2s (was top ten)
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:47:17 -0400 (EDT)

> Paul D. Farrar wrote:
> >
> > How about this? Just buy everything that's f/2!

   While all the f/2 Zuikos are marvelous optics, they would
   not only bankrupt most of us, but break our backs as well.
   A big part of the beauty of the OM system for me is the
   elegant design, petite size and light weight of the
   lenses. To somebody who walks lugging their equipment
   around for any period of time, this is always a concern.
   Heavy optics also reduce the handling speed of cameras, too.
   I love the small lenses in OM. In fact, it has always
   amazed me that the OM bellows are as big as they are. I use
   a small bellows made by a British outfit for the Illumitran
   slide duplicator (there's a pic of it in the current Shutterbug
   in the article on close-ups authored by Mr. & Mrs. Hicks). It
   isn't auto, but does allow one to use other make lenses with
   an OM bod (sometimes I'll use a Nikon lens <}---<<< sacrilege!)

                               *= Doris Fang *