Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: dhurley@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:00:47 -0500
On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:48:53 -0400 Jim Loudon <jloudon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
>>  How about an OM67 ? 6x7 format ? Maybe a folder RF 6x7 ? Along
Maitani's
>> XA...yesssssssss...an OM 6x7 SLR would probably be much smaller than
an
>> F5 !
>Interesting you should mention this, Doris -- Olympus may have
>already done one of these.  [Thread creep alert...]
>I recently spotted an ad for what appears to be a late-1940's era
>Olympus 6 medium format camera.  Classic-looking MF folder:  75mm
>Zuiko lens, presumably 6x6 format, optical viewfinder, no rangefinder
>that I could make out (though it was a _very_ small picture).
>Anybody know anything about these?  Yes, I'm aware the original Mamiya 6
>had a Zuiko lens, but the camera in the catalog is definitely listed as
>an Olympus, not a Mamiya (the Mamiya 6's are in a different section of
>the same catalog :-) )
>jim

        If I remember correctly, the Olympus 6 (Chrome 6?) came in
several models with and without rangefinders and was a dual format camera
by means of a mask.  Don't remember the formats for sure, could have been
6x9 and 6x4.5?  I'm sure someone will correct me on this and then you'll
have the info you wanted.  :-)
        Daryl Hurley