[OM] Ring flashes on 20 mm and 38 mm macros?

Subject: [OM] Ring flashes on 20 mm and 38 mm macros?
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:46:42 -0400
I would like to use a ringflash (not necessarily an Olympus) with the
20 and 38 mm macros. I have the old manual versions (f3.5, using the
PM-MTob adapter). Has anyone ever tried this before, is there some sort
of clamp or adapter, or has anybody any idea how to make such an item?
I would also be interested in a method to mount the T28 twin flash to
these lenses (or to the PM-MTob, or to the Auto Bellows front plate?).
The 20 mm lens uses a 21 mm slide on filter, the 38 uses a 32 mm slide
on filter.
I have a non-dedicated ringflash (Starblitz or something) that comes
with 49, 52 and 55mm filter adapter rings.
For extreme macro, I'm currently using two or three T32 flashes,
mounted on tripods, but the larger the magnification, the harder it
gets to bring these flashes close enough.

Hans