Re: [OM] 35mm hassleblad

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm hassleblad
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:29:55 +0100
In addition this message was posted on rec.photo.equipment.35mm - I suspect
the price is more accurate :)

David

Hasselblad launched its new baby, a dual-format 35 mm (!) camera today
in Frankfurt, Germany.

Some pictures of it and the press release are found under the NEWS
option on my Web site (http://hawk.foto.no/pinhole/nikon). Take a look
and read the press release.

I played around with this camera and hands-on impressions were
favourable, in fact to the extent that I ordered one for myself (to be
delivered in August)!.

In the first announcement, no price estimate was given. At the press
conference, Hasselblad representatives talked about DEM 3300 (approx $
1800). So, this isn't a cheap one, but by my first hands-on experience
probably in line with its quality.

Had an error on the pictures on my Web-site that now is corrected, so
now everyone can see what the new Hasselblad baby looks like.

Regards

Bjorn Rorslett
Professional Nature Photographer, Ph.D.

----------
> From: Paul Haigney <lensman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [OM] 35mm hassleblad
> Date: 21 July 1998 10:56
>
> Below is a mail I picked up from a hassleblad list, I did mention this
> rumour a while back.
>

> I was attending a press conference today in Frankfurt, Germany,  where
> Hasselblad presented their new 35 mm model. It's a dual format camera.
You
> can change in mid-roll between 24 x 36 mm and 24 x 65 mm. It's a
> auto-exposure with aperture priority and manual focus. They have so far
> presented two lenses, a 45 mm /4 and a 90 mm /4 . It's made in Japan by
> Fuji and will be sold under the Fuji label in Japan, but will be called
> Hasselblad Xpan on all other markets.
> I've only got a chance to take a roll with the camera, but so far I like
> it. It's easy to use and seems to be up to normal Hasselblad standards.
The