Re: [OM] zoom for OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] zoom for OM-1
From: "Christiaan T Jacobs" <n9vkc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 20:59:20 -0500
I also have a Om1n and recently purchased a sigma 85 200 lens.   I noticed
that when looking through the lens attached to the camera the whole picture
seems to be in focus but like a matte finish.
The seller of the lens has assured me that it worked fine on his OM.  Well
I'm rather new and not very experianced with this sort of equipment but the
seller suggested that I might need to get a different focusing screen to use
the Zoom lens.   So perhaps I can save you some trouble before you run into
it and maybe I can get some feedback on what to do.  Do I have to change
focusing screens everytime I want to change lens? The one that is in the
camera now works great with the 50mm lens that came with it.  Unfortunatley
I have to get the rubber seal replaced before I can really test it hahaha I
really want to use the camera for astrophotography as I am an astronomer
much more than a photographer.  I did however get caught up in taking some
pictures with it after reading some of the great stories on here.

Ok list help  us!!!

Chris