[OM] So long and thanks for all the posts

Subject: [OM] So long and thanks for all the posts
From: "Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom)" <ChungS@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:06:17 -0400
Hi OM System Fans

Last month was my 1st anniversary as an Olympus OM System user and this
month is my last on the Oly mailing list so being somewhat of a SNAG,
I'd like to thank a bunch of people on the Oly list before I go.

OM content? none actually, just the people who use it.

R. Lee Hawkins, I thank you for the Oly FAQ.  It only seems like
yesterday when I printed out the "What to look for in a used camera and
lens" bits and clutched them in my sweaty hands as I rang the doorbell
of the house advertising an OM1n for sale.   With the help of those
print outs I made my first successful OM body and lens purchase.

Giles Stewart I thank you for your posts and maintaining the Oly mailing
list when I first subscribed to it shortly after purchasing my first OM.
 Re: your close encounter with the bat round two,  methinks you missed
an opportunity to be one of the few to experience that rarely mentioned
photographic art form - flush photography.....:-)

Paul Farrar I thank you for the "Unofficial Olympus OM Zuiko Lens Page"
 I can't recall the number of times I've resorted to the average Used
prices on this page when attempting to prove what a bargain my latest
lens purchases are to the wife.  It has saved me from many a cold and
unpleasant night sleeping in the garden shed.

Ken Norton I thank for your great posts.  I recall when I first posted
to the Oly list and mentioned that this OM stuff was extremely habit
forming - you advised "try prozac".  Well it didn't work, I reckon there
is no cure if you are naturally predisposed to the effects of the Oly
bug bite.

Gary Schloss, what a guy!, as far as I'm concerned you are "The Man"
regardless of the color of your tutu.  I bow before ye.  Thanks for all
your help and those posts - an infotainment extravaganza!

John Hermanson troubleshooter extraordinare, I thank you for your how to
keep you OM healthy posts and wish you good health and good times to
come

Frank V. L. another troubleshooter extraordinare but in clogs,  rumoured
Owner of the Greatest OM Show on Earth thanks for sharing your
knowledge.

John Petrush thanks for all the tips and advice - inspirational stuff.

Denton Taylor - never let an overdeveloped sense of brand loyalty get in
the way of a good picture.  Hope I got that right, thanks for your view
point.

John Gardner, Ulf Westerberg roving reporters on the list thanks for
those compelling stories.

Gary Reese and Doris Fang thanks for you strategies on cost effective
Oly system collecting and what to do with them afterwards.

Tomoko I thank you for organising the Oly petitions, if the OM5 does
eventuate,  I bet that your efforts played a significant part - power to
the people.  I'll start saving just in case.

Shawn Wright I thank you for taking over the Oly list and adding all
those enhancements - I look forward to checking in on the archives every
now and then.

A collective thanks to the rest of the Oly list members also.

I wonder where some of the former regular posters on this list have got
to :- Gene Mayeda, LJ Clark, Joseph Albert, Clive Warren, Carl Turner,
Michael Covington, Richard Wong, Rand Tomcala.  Ah well, I suppose all
good things must come to an end.  (er apologies in advance if any of you
are still on the list)

So long and thanks for all the posts
Regards
S.C.