Re: John P: Your digital back has arrived! (was Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly i

Subject: Re: John P: Your digital back has arrived! (was Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a ...
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:15:05 -0700

> >Hi Paul,
> >I give up?  What is it?
> >BW
> >Ps, Do you have any other addresses?
>
> http://www.sinarbron.com/sinarcam_intro.htm
>
> It's a Sinarcam. The lens is the Zuiko 35-80 relabeled as a "Digital
> Sinaron". The back is a Leaf (scanning?). It's a studio-still-life-only
> Most digital cameras use smaller chips, though. I wouldn't be surprised if
> Olympus introduced a smaller format, autofocus, interchangeable-lens digital
> SLR system before long.

>It might have an OM lens adaptor, but your 21mm f/2 would become a normal lens!

Not necessary, if there is reduction lens in between. A digital SLR from
Minolta(?) use this method to maintain their lenses a closer to
"original" focal length.

> For another solution, look at http://www.imagek.com/

If the "Imagek" is not a joke then it is great, although it use CMOS not
CCD to capture images. The CMOS was said to provide poorer result as
compared to CCD. (a report from Pop Photo on one of Agfa's digital
camera said so.)

C.H.Ling