Re: [OM] more on snakes etc (minimal OM content)

Subject: Re: [OM] more on snakes etc (minimal OM content)
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 16:44:00 -0400
Kerry says...

>>Does your Museum allow photography of exhibits?  I just received
a notice from the Florida Museum of Natural History (University of FLorida)
that they will not longer permit any photography!  >>

And Ken takes umbrage with amateur photos of concert events...

And does anyone recall that the National Park Service was talking about
charging a fee for the use of photos taken in the parks, or something?

Has anyone noticed that the so-called rights of us to practice our art are
being seriously threatened???

You can't take photos in the New York City subway system without a friggin
permit. More and more museums and other cultural spots are off limits.
Concerts are out. All in the name of corporate and governmental control...

Where does this end?

Will it soon be impossible to take photos of the World Trade Center because
they may present a bad image of the landlord?

Will it soon be impossible to work that famous corner, 57th Street and
Fifth Avenue, because Tiffany's and Bergdorf's object to their hifalutin
image being 'distorted'?

Where are the images of the Persian Gulf War?

We're being pushed around like a bunch of weenies, and controlled like a
bunch of robots.

OM Content: I'm mad as hell and I want to whack some mofo upside his
robotic smiling corporate head with my Gitzo Safari monopod (fully
extended) and a useless battery-drained 2S !!!

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com