[OM] Search Engine beta posted

Subject: [OM] Search Engine beta posted
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 22:34:41 -0700
v0.99 of the Zuiko search engine is now ready for testing at:

http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives

Please note:

The test search index only includes 1997 archives.
I've only tested basic searching, so let me know what works and what doesn't.
Be patient. Zuiko is old and slow, but reliable. (true to her name)
Common words like zuiko, olympus, etc will probably not be indexed. (by
design).
The following links in the 1997/98 archives are not yet working:
"Last Page"
"Date, Subject, Author" Directories

ps: I am going to bed leaving the re-index running, so the search won't be
ready
until about 11:00pm PDT.

pps: Although the alpha version worked, it's quite possible the beta won't...
;-)

zzzzzzzzzz