[OM] Internet Message

Subject: [OM] Internet Message
From: JNVS44B@xxxxxxxxxxx (MR THOMAS N CURLEE)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 00:07:28, -0500
Frank:

I agree about the relative unknown voltage drop across the diode.  I
assumed that the actual voltage wasn't important, just that you
needed to drop a little over one volt.  If you were using the
modeling lights for actually exposing the film the voltage would need
to be regulated very closely to maintain color temperature.

Here's a thought.  Using these white light LEDs you could vary the
light output by varying the current but would have the same color
temperature (mostly, it might vary slightly).  If they get cheap
enough you could use an array of them for a modeling light and then
pulse the same array at a much higher current for the actual exposure.
  A 'solid state strobe'.  You could even make a 'strobe' with a FP
mode.  You heard about it first here, folks.

How much do the white LEDs cost now and what is the mcd output?

Tom